2023. Prices and selections may vary and are updated frequently.
Montecito is one of the wealthiest communities in the entire nation, and right at its outskirts is the Valley Club of Montecito. The Valley offers one of the best golf courses in the country, which is quite apt. After all, many consider this seaside community’s weather as absolutely perfect for golf.
Below is the latest The Valley Club of Montecito prices.
The Valley Club of Montecito Membership
Membership is by invitation only. It’s known, though, that there a fine dining restaurant here along with a few tennis courts.
It’s actually the opposite of many of the more prestigious private golf clubs in terms of member selection. They pick members who like to play together and build relationships, which is why they don’t really invite celebrities and other famous people to get in as members.
Golf Course Play
Way back in 1929, Dr. Alister MacKenzie designed this golf course while his buddy Robert Hunter built it. They squeezed it right between the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Ynez Mountains, with sophisticated golf holes protected by sensibly placed hazards.
Players of all skill levels can probably handle this, but scratch players will need to play strategically to play well. The fairways are actually generous.
The greens are somewhat smaller and blend nicely with their surroundings, and you’ll have to deal with their sharp angles and lots of contours.
Just remember, Golf Digest ranks this golf course the 78th best among the golf courses in America. It’s not that easy, although the vibe is terrific.
Rules for Guests
If you’re ever fortunate enough to get invited to play here as a guest, show your thanks by knowing and obeying the rules.
- Don’t use your cellphone, unless you’re inside your vehicle or it’s a medical emergency.
- Don’t smoke in the Golf Shop or Clubhouse.
- Pets aren’t allowed anywhere in the premises.
- Change your apparel or shoes in the locker room facilities, and not in the Club parking lot.
- The dress code is generally conservative, if you’re confused about the details.
- Wear only collared shirts and tuck them in.
- Cover excessive tattoos.
- Women should avoid exposing their midriffs (come to think of it, so should men).
- Leggings, stirrups, warm-up suits, nylon jog shorts, tank tops or any other abbreviated clothing are not permitted.
- Children over the age of 12 are expected to follow the dress code for adults.
For more information about The Valley Club of Montecito, visit their official website.